Saturday, December 08, 2012

Spending my morning with God



I just discovered "YouVision" and wanted to share with you.
 
I don't know about you but I easily get caught up in the busyness of life and in the past found that slowing down and spending time in God's Word was teadeous. 
 
How very sad that is to admit.  He gave me this life I live and I couldn't or wouldn't find time to spend with Him?  Even 15 minutes a day?  It amazes me that He still loves me and has all the time in the world for me.
 
Well, I was thrilled to learn about this tool and didn't want to keep it to myself.   And here's the kicker..."It's easy!"
 
Why?  Because the guess work is taken out of "what shall I read today"?  The reading plans are "easy breezy" and in a matter of 5-10 minutes I've got my armor on for the day.
 
Right now I'm reading "Joy to the World! A countdown to Christmas".  A wonderful way to keep reminded of the true meaning of Christ(mas) during the craziness of it all.
 
Perfect example...I've been preparing for a Holiday Boutique (which is today).  I feel a little like I've been "cramming" for a "test", with last minute creations to sell.
 
Well, I know how important it is and how better my day goes (not necessarily without trials) knowing God is by my side.
 
Plainly stated...It's a great way to "start" (and sometimes "end") my day.
 
Let me end by sharing what I read this morning.  I pray it touches your heart and gives you what you need to "take on the day".
 
Mary, the very young, chosen mother of Jesus, utters one of the most courageous statements in all of Scripture. In response to the announcement of the angel that Mary’s world had just been interrupted with heaven’s plan, Mary clearly said, “Behold the bondslave of the Lord, may it be done to me according to your word.” - (Luke 1:38) A “bondslave” was someone who could have gone free but instead chose to stay and serve his or her master. Mary willingly chose to offer temporary housing to the Savior of the world because that was God’s desire. When her world collided with God’s ultimate desire, Mary died to self and submitted to God the Father. When was the last time that you quoted Luke 1:38? Has God asked something difficult of you lately? How have you responded? When God requires one of His children to lay down their will and their way for His best plan, often there is a struggle of the human will. Unfortunately, rather than respond with the maturity and wisdom of the young Mary, many of us whine and complain. Some of us even may have the audacity to question whether or not God even knows what He is doing. What has God asked of you? Has He asked you to love a difficult person? Perhaps He has asked you to raise a special needs child or serve an uncaring boss. God is looking for bondslaves: men and women who are willing to serve Him out of love. God is looking for those who willingly submit to His ways and plans simply because their heart completely belongs to Him. God desires men and women who will allow Him to interrupt their well-thought lives with His unbelievable plans! It’s called being a bondslave. Mary’s pure heart and true resolve are revealed through the final words of her statement, “ ... May it be done to me according to your word.” Is that the resolve of your heart as well? When your will comes into conflict with God’s Word, God’s Word must win at all cost. Like Mary, settle this issue of human will and the authority of God’s Word today. I declare, with Mary, that in my life, it will always be done according to His Word because I am His bondslave.
 

No comments: