Monday, March 14, 2011

Blueberry Scones make me Smile

What makes a traditional scone - (for starters) butter, refined sugar & flour.

These tasty alternatives are Oil-Free Wild Blueberry Streusel Scones. Okay - the "Wild" part is not required; but if you haven't tried the Organic Wild Blueberries in the frozen section of Trader Joes, you don't know what you're missing.


I just made these to share with our Walk n' Worship group; and of course for my hubby and I to enjoy throughout the week.

They were quick, easy and oh, so tasty.

Into the oven:




















Get in my belly:







Remember eating healthy is not about deprevation. It's about changing your thought process on what you choose to eat. It's easy to find goodness in healthy alternatives. You just need to open your eyes and mind.


Until next time, here's to making "Healthful Choices".


No comments: