Tuesday, April 05, 2011

When my husband gives me lemons...



(Yes, I'm going to say it)




...I make Lemonade.




And "Oh My Goodness", even though it's not summer, can I just say that it was the most delightful ice cold glass of Freshly Squeezed Lemonade I've had in a very long time.




I bet (if I wanted to) I could put on a funny shaped striped hat (some of you will get this) and start my own Lemonade Stand.




My husband picked some Meyer Lemons from a client's home (yes, he had approval - I think?).




If any of you have had the opportunity to try Meyer Lemons, you know that they are quite a bit sweeter than the normal lemons you might see in a market.




In any case, he brought them home tonight and a few were soft. So, in order to keep them from going bad I juiced the three that were ready.




Here's my recipe:




Melanie's Meyer Lemonade



3 Meyer's Lemons (made 1 cup of juice)


1 1/2 Tblsp Agave (added directly into the juice and stirred well)



Pour 1/2 a cup of juice each into 2 glasses. Add 1 cup cold water to each glass and add ice.




What a tasty treat! I intend to make some more this weekend.


Until next time, make healthful choices...




No comments: