Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FAT to FIT; just one letter changes everything...

...or does it?

I mean, it's more than just changing the "A" to an "I". It's changing what you eat. Changing how you think. Changing your attitude and gratitude. It's changing your "Lifestyle" or should I say mine...

Hi, I'm Melanie and I'm a yo-yo dieter. I have been my entire life. Through thick and thin (pun intended); I've been there, done that.

What seems like a lifetime ago when I was younger, slender and in denial. 'Then" I believed I could eat and drink whatever I wanted with no consequences; and that's what I lovingly refer to as my "Living in the land of denial" phase. I put up shelter there. I learned to "love me"; fat, not fit. I've lived there for many, many years. Right now I'm in the process of moving out.

"Then" I honestly believed I did love me, but it was just a wall that I put up in my shelter (with NO mirror). I saw what I wanted to see; not what others saw (and especially what God saw). Hey! It got me through, or so I thought it did.

I was unhealthy and unhappy but pretended to be the complete opposite. I bought into my own lies.

Fast forward to today (pedal to the medal), many years later, 15 weeks into The Daniel Plan and 27 pounds lighter.

I find myself on the road leading away from my cozy little shelter in the land of denial. I'm being brutally honest when I say, it's scary at times but the blessings out number the fear.

I'm learning what truly loving myself means and finding that I cannot do this "any of this" alone. This truth is actually the "key" (to the vehicle) in which to get me out of the land of denial; and my driving force is God!

Believe it! There's truth to being spiritually healthy - mind, body AND soul.

I've hit a few potholes on the road out of denial. Sometimes I think I'm sitting in traffic, slowly inching my way to an honest happier and healthier me. But I'm learning to be okay with this. Because each day brings newness to my life. As I watch the landscape change, I like what I see. And I can't wait to set up a new permanent residence in my healthy new "lifestyle"!

A lifestyle lead by God's plan.

My journey continues...

Until next time, make healthful choices.

No comments: