Sunday, March 07, 2010

Time MARCHes On

Here I am again, one month later. I have to wonder that just because I'm so busy during the week, why is it then when the weekend comes around I don't sit down and blog a little? I mean, other people FIND the time, MAKE the time, HAVE the time. I guess I just need inspiration to actually blog.

So, am I inspired today? Ummm...not sure? But I do feel like I've accomplished "some" things that warrant blogging.

So here it is in a nutshell (or Blogshell).

And I suppose I could start off by saying that I will probably post again in April (though, if it comes to pass that I am "inspired" and post before then, "Woo Hoo"!).

February brought a spa date with my LAGF (LA girlfriend), Valentine's day, a new laptop thanks to Am Ex Warranty, friends in "small group" for dinner and a movie, and lots of "Custom Aprons" ordered.


Spa Date:

First, I have to say I love my friends dearly. So when two of of my DGF's (dearest girl friends) moved out-of-state (several years ago), I found myself in search of comfort from some OGF's (other girl friends), which now I refer to as my NGF's (nearest girl friends). *hee hee*

And if I can, I never pass up a Spa Date! And my first call is to my SPGF (spa buddy girl friend) who seems to be willing to drive miles to hang with me at my favorite location "Atmosphere Day Spa" in Laguna Hills. I LOVE that about her. So when we can, we try to have a spa date every month or two and just "veg", "relax", "drink tea", "break bread" and LAUGH, of course.

Me personally? I could not and would not survive this crazy world without my "GF's" (girl friends). So, thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart. You ALL mean the world to me.




Valentines Day:


I had wanted to go to The Old Spaghetti Factory and when we headed down at lunch on a Sunny Sunday Valentines afternoon we discovered it CLOSED. What?!? So what better thing to do, but to go to the store, buy some mizithra cheese and head home to make our own pasta. I wouldn't have traded this Valentines for any other - spent quietly at home with my hubby. Life is good!



New Lap Top:


A new lap top thanks to American Express' warranty. I will more than likely always buy my computers from Costco (because of their tech support and warranty). And I will most definitely use my Am Ex when purchasing because of their extended warranty and policy. Hands Down the best! And even though I did not recoup the entire $1400 original cost of my other laptop (only 3 yrs old with a motherless board); I did get approx $850 to either repair or purchase a new laptop. It made more sense to purchase "new" so I'm back in a warranty with Costco and Am Ex and I have newer bells and whistles. :) I don't think I use my laptop much, but it's great to have when I want to sell on Etsy or Blog.




"Small Group" Dinner & a Movie:


I actually have some pictures to post from our dinner in late February with our friends from Saddleback Church. Our small group leaders suggested a movie we all watch together. A South African movie titled "Faith Like Potatoes". It was a moving story; but after full bellies, would have been better if it was a half hour less. *grin* But good, nonetheless.



Because our small group leaders are always hosting, Jim and I offered to host in our home for this event. And it was great! A full table with excellent conversation, yummy food, and the best part - Friends!



















If you'd like to take a peek at my "custom aprons" that I created in February, you can pop on over to my Sew Sassy Apron blog.

Hope you all had a lovely February. And I pray that your March is filled with Springtime and luck of the Irish.


May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks.
May your heart be as light as a song.
May each day bring you bright happy hours,
That stay with you all year long.
~author unknown~

No comments: