Saturday, October 09, 2010

Fall into Autumn

Oak Glen Annual Autumn Apple Trip


Back to the blog, though I do find Facebook faster/easier. Not even sure I still have viewers of my blog. But just in case, I thought I would share our Oak Glen annual trip.

Apples, Apples and more Apples




Autumn is everywhere you look.

From the colored maze.




To the many gourds.



The colorful shelves full of scone mix.



And fancy preserves.


Most of which was at our first stop - Parrish Pioneer Ranch


We actually had a little lunch at Parrish before heading on to our next favorite stop -
Los Rios Ranch. Where the pumpkins are a plenty and the apples are in abundance.






We took the girls in the jeep. They've gone every year with us.
I just wish it wasn't so warm. Few year's it's crisp mountain air.
But most years it's still warm.

And as you can see by the tonguemeters, it was in the low 80's.


A shot of me and my girls (Pru and Bella)



Los Rios has some wonderful preserves.



And walls full of Apple Butter.



Then a quick jont through the gift shop, where pretty little tea pots rest.



And Rag dolls sit.



And at the end of our trip we came away with a yummy bucket
of apples and a container of dipping carmel.



So we didn't use all the apples for our annual preserves (which
we finished up this evening.
We saved a few for dipping.

No comments: